A Top 10 list is a generic term used to indicate a list of items, usually ten in number, which are considered to be best, worst, or notable in some other way, typically a record chart.
We will keep a running “Top 10 List” of our experiences throughout our trip to China throughout the trip.
Oddest/Worst Travel Experience:
- No non-smoking hotel room/restaurants (Our throats are hurting really bad).
- Loud snorting noises and subsequent spitting in trashcans and on the streets.
- Not being able to communicate with waiter in Dim Sum Restaurant. What will they bring us to eat.
- Everyone smoking in Xi’An.
- Driving on streets and highways AND sidewalks AND across lane lines (into incoming traffic).
- Our toothpaste was confiscated while passing through security in Jacksonville.
- Nail file has been confiscated at Hong Kong airport.
- Signs translated into English, that make no sense. Ex. “Please go ahead and don’t stop on the way” seen in Shanghai airport.
Favorite Things Mrs. Tolisano:
- Ferry from Hong Kong to Lantau
- Terra-Cotta Warriors
- Hong Kong from Victoria Peak
- Hong Kong Skyline at night
- Shanghai from the 88th floor of the Jinmao Dasha tower.
- Grand Opera House in Xi’An
- Mountain view from the Terra-Cotta Warrior Museum.
Most Unusual View:
- Hanging detached animal head (entire head with horns) in food market with eyes still open.
- Pink nurses in Pharmacy.
- Three wheeled trucks, cars, and motorcycles in Xi’An.
- Hutong lunch in Beijing
- Hot Pot lunch in Xi’An
- Spring Rolls
- Pumkin/Sesame cake in Shanghai
- Spinach in Lantau
- Breakfast Buffet at Hotel in Hong Kong
- German candy “Nimm 2″ from a Hong Kong 7 Elven store
- Pig’s Blood
- Chicken Feet
- Slimey Rice Soup (Congee)
- McDonald’s Green Bean Pie
- Buffet lunch in Beijing at Pearl Market
One Response to “Top 10 List”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.